SENEGAL will welcome us with Madame Zahra Iyane Thiam Diop, Minister Counsellor to the President of the Republic and with a long history of working with Muslim and Catholic women to promote peace and development in the democratic social fabric.
The HOLY SEE will be represented by Dr. Linda Ghisoni, Undersecretary of the Lay Sector of the Dicastery for the Laity, the Family and Life, one of the most senior women recently appointed by Pope Francis in the structure of the Vatican Curia.
The speakers for the study days in Dakar are already preparing themselves from the various regions.
- AFRICA: Sr. Thérèse Samake, from Mali, PhD in philosophy and Master in educational sciences, Vice President of the Université Catholique de l'Afrique de l'Ouest-Unité Universitaire de Bamako, committed to women and the culture of hospitality in the world.
- ASIA-PACIFIC: Dr. Anne Therese Gallagher, from Australia, who worked for years at the United Nations and was involved in the Holy See's efforts to address human trafficking, is currently the President of the International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC).
- EUROPE: Dr. María Teresa Compte Grau, from Spain, is director of the University Master's Degree in Social Doctrine of the Church at the University of Salamanca in collaboration with the Paul VI Foundation. She currently writes for the magazine Ecclesia and the weekly Alfa y Omega.
- LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN: Dr. Isabel Recavarren, of Peru, is the founder and director of the Center for Studies, Training and Information of Latin America. She is a member of the Women's Consultation of the Pontifical Council for Culture and the European Council for Social Research on Latin America.
- NORTH AMERICA: Dr. Donna Orsuto, from the United States, is the director of the Lay Centre in Rome, an expert in ecumenical dialogue, a professor of spirituality at the Gregorian University and a current consultant to the Congregation for Divine Worship.